A fantastic guide on how to prepare Air Fried Gourmet Potato Chips
Potato chips or as we often say “crisps” taste so much better if you use AirFry from http://www.airfryerjudge.com/ instead of Deep Fry tools to prepare them. Instead of using lots of fat to cook them with the deep fry, you need to just use one tablespoon of oil to receive the same crispy result that you want.
They are still potato chips and you can’t really think of them as of a diet food, but the fact that the fat involves is two third less than the usual deep fry cooking method, makes them much healthier or let’s say less dangerous for you and you body.
To have a gourmet dish and a much tastier one, you can try and experiment with added ingredients like salt, different herbs, Parmesan, a little chili spice or even few drops of lemon.
Here’s what to do exactly:
First, take out all ingredients needed: 1 kg of potatoes, 1 tablespoon of oil or any other fat you want to use, salt, herbs.
- Get the potatoes and wash them under clean water.
- Peel them.
- Cut them into thin sliced. You can use your knife or any other kitchen tool that serves to the matter.
- Take a big bowl and fill it with water.
- Deep all the potato slices into the water and leave them there for a few minutes. Place in a large pot of cold water to soak for a few minutes. This will help to protect the potato from going dark under air while you take care of the next steps and also help in better and faster cooking.
- Take out your Air Fry machine (ActiFry is very good) and pour the oil in it.
- Let it heat for 2 min.
- Take out the potato slices from the water and dry them using a paper towel. They need to be really dry as water might make an unpleasant effect when hitting the hot oil.
- Place the potatoes into the ActiFry basket.
- Let them cook for 10 minutes. Than take them out, swirl them and place back inside.
- Repeat for a total of 40 minutes cooking.
- Than place them into a clean bowl and add herbs or other spices as you prefer.
- Serve them while they are still very hot.
Keep in mind that usually potatoes shrink after they get out of the oven or in this case out of the ActiFry as the water evaporate with time. Still, some of them will be able to maintain their crispiness. You can try this recipe with different kind of potatoes as they bring out different results.
You can use double quantity of ingredients to serve to more people as well as using just half of each for a smaller quantity of food.Read more
My Review Of The Zyppah Rx
When you think of a anti snoring device you are not thinking of anything special to look at. They typically come in simple designs, with a clear silicone material—resembling a retainer.
The Zyppah Rx is one of the first devices that I have come across that has attempted to innovate the design and look of their snoring solution. You can see immediately by looking at it that the mouthpiece was fairly slim with a cool looking neon/black color scheme.
But did it actually work?
- Dual acting design to hold your jaw in place, while also holding your tongue
- 100% American Made with BBB accreditation & FDA approval
- Precise fitting process
- Airflow holes for mouth breathing
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee—with Free Shipping and Handling
- Sleek design is a great mouthpiece for those who may be embarrassed about wearing a device.
- Engineered and Designed by a veteran dentist with association with five different “Snore No More” facilities who specialize in snoring and sleep apnea.
- Four different versions of the Zyppah
- Customized fitting is more detailed than others
- Can cause drooling with jaw soreness
- Denture tabs need to be kept for cleaning
- Those with dentures, loose teeth, crowns, or bridge work can not use this device
- There are four different version of the Zyppah Rx, but the one that I am reviewing is the one that you can purchase online. You can find the other versions available at any of the “Snore No More” facilities located in California, USA.
How It Works
Like most MADS, Zyppah works to position your lower haw in the forward position, reducing the risk of your airway having any obstructions.
What makes the Zyppah different, is that it has a dual function. It can hold your jaw forward while maintaining your tongues position at the same time.
This makes it resemble a tongue retaining device[TRD], by stabilizing your tongue. It does not have a suction bulb at the end like other TRDs but the same function is there. Your tongue is held in place by a soft strap.
When I purchased my Zyppah, I decided to order two. One for husband, and one for my self. Although we were excited about the appearance it had, we still were hesitant on its actual effectiveness.
For both of the devices it cost us $89.98 per unit, and that included shipping and handling. It came with a 30-day money back guarantee which is always a nice touch.
The devices arrived within the estimated delivery time, and we started our fitting process right away. I was quick to want to do this the traditional way, without even concerning the directions.
I was happy to have my wife participating with me or I would have done the whole thing wrong. She was quick to stop me and read the instructions, which turns out to be vital for this fitting process.
Make sure that you read them. It is not extremely difficult to get a good fit, but you must follow the steps provided thoroughly.
Our first night was fairly smooth for both of us. My husband had hers fall out in the middle of the night, but that is expected. She felt comfortable and energized the next day, and I did as well. I have a hard time breathing through my nose, so the air holes were a great feature for my own personal preference.
I had awoken in the middle of the night to get a glass of water, and found that removing the mouthpiece for that was easy. I felt pretty sore, but that is also expected with a new device. I noticed immediately that my husbands was sound asleep, and I could only assume that I was as well since she informed me she didn’t wake up once that night.
It took us both a couple of nights to get the adjustments to our liking but overall we both were pleased with this devices performance.
Should You Buy It?
If you are looking for a device that has some style while still providing some effective solutions than this device is the right one for you.
Of course there are other devices that I would put ahead of the Zyppah, their distinct design helps them stay as memorable one. My husbands is still using it after about three weeks, and I have switched over to my Good Morning Snoring Solution—its my personal favorite.
Reasonably priced, money back guarantee, and a detailed fitting process to give you a great fit—why not give it a try?
I do not get paid for this post, and I do not get it for free.Read more
Durable Sustainable Food & Snack Pouches Review
I have been using reusable pouches to carry my lunch or snacks around for quite a while, now me and my family produce a lot less plastic waste with every meal not wrapped in disposable bags. Check out the whole review and get these bags and pouches to know better.
From my point of view, a good reusable pouch or bag must be:
- Easy to wash or clean
- Not take long to dry after a wash
- Must turn inside out perfectly so that no crumbs or sludge is retained inside the bag
- Must hold wetness inside at the same time airtight
- Make least noise when opened
My favorite so far since they have an unfolding style. No corners no food stuck. Easy to clean. Dry quickly and extra-long Velcro strip that can easily be tucked within itself (like diaper strips) and safely washed with laundry. They sadly have stopped their production now otherwise they were priced between $10.5-12.5.
Another personal favorite of mine because of their zip feature. They can be opened smoothly where you need to stay quite like church, office meeting and such. Internally lined with PVC free, BPA free plastic that’s super easy to clean. Easy for little kids too since Velcro can be difficult to figure out when it comes to a three year old. They range from $9.99-12.99.
They are zippers too, zip extends over three sides so they unfold all the way flat which means no corners to take the food out of. Also cleverly designed in a way that while unzipping the bag, extra effort is required when you reach around one corner, so your toddler may not accidentally open it completely dropping all food on the floor. Non-toxic easy to clean plastic dries off quickly. They offer adorable designs.
They offer primary style pouches, with Velcro strip to seal the bag. They turn inside out just fine and are easy to clean and dry. One thing I disliked was they get smudgy stains that don’t come off. Unlike the previously discussed names.
They are offered in very large sizes as well as small ones. Liquid is successfully retained inside these bags and the plastic is US made. Just aren’t airtight enough. They use zip and make a cute clear plastic window in middle. But, the plastic left its sides from the bag within six month use so I wouldn’t add it to the recommended list.
Very durable so far and my personal favorite for the moist items. It turns inside out, but the corners may retain food particles. Dries off pretty slow and cost between $8-15.
Personal favorite for the plastic free option. The cloth is coated with bee wax and stitched nicely so they turn inside out totally assuming a perfect rectangular shape. They do take a bit of effort when it comes to cleaning and drying.
Totally made out of cotton and no bee wax coating. Only works for some dry fruit or trail mix, otherwise freshness not retained at all.Read more
Molly Suds all natural detergent for laundry
Last month my sample for review from Molly Suds came in and after a couple of trials here is my detailed review for the all-natural detergent.
Let us begin with the terminology which I think is soap rather than detergent when referring to Molly Suds. The first thing that clicked with Molly Suds (did not work with other natural laundry detergents so far with me) is that they proposed a little tip for getting the whites properly cleaned. Natural detergents are generally not good with whites leaves them dusky after the wash. Molly Suds suggested soaking the clothes in warm water with a scoop of their product, half a cup hydrogen peroxide and baking soda each, for half to one hour. Dry in direct sun. It worked really.
Molly Suds Can Do:
- It removed the hard penetrated dirt from the stiff outlines of khaki pants pockets, which was a total surprise.
- Removed the grease stains which have been already through wash twice. They stains were dabbed with blue Dawn prior the wash this time, which means either blue Dawn works well with Molly Suds or simply Molly Suds is wonderful.
- Removed armpit stink.
- Removed smoke stink, which is usually infused after camping, other soaps take at least two washes.
- Without any prior soaking with any stain removal product a bright yellow T-shirt came out spotless which was very dirty when I loaded it in.
- My five year old had an unexplainable pink stain on a shirt (kids do that) which did not came off even after several washes and multiple stain treatments. It was cleared with Molly Suds, impressive!
Molly Suds Can’t Do:
Like every product Molly Suds let us down on a few fronts. It might also be my washer’s fault since I can’t really tell how much powerful swirling is required to call it a standard.
- A couple of grease stains came out un altered on clothes which were quite old, has been passed down a few hands.
- Did not get the bad smell out of clothes which was basically incorporated due to a nasty detergent. This is after two washes. One in cold water the second with warm water mixed with All sport.
- Failed to clean a bight highlighter yellow shirt my 8 year old boy wore, rolled it in dirt, went swimming and camping and now even soaking in oxygen bleach didn’t work.
- Food stains which were weeks old since I missed noticing them, also loaded those untreated so can’t really say if they would have been removed if soaked in stain remover or not.
Is Molly Suds Good enough to buy?
The answer has to be yes since it fabulously lifted some tough stains out of our expectations. It did not damage our clothes in any way. The laundry looked and smelled fresh. Upon opening the packet you smell peppermint which is so refreshing. Although the peppermint doesn’t stay with finished laundry so if you don’t like peppermint nothing to worry about. You can even order an odorless package for you. Awesome for people with skin allergies or sensitivity and for babies.Read more
Kitchen Tools & Appliances Worth Investing
I like to keep my Christmas wish list as sensible and productive as possible. Useful kitchen elements make the top of the list. Here is what I feel like must haves, if you prepare the food at the very basic level. You can add your experiences in the comment box to add to the list whatever I might have missed.
Nothing deluxe here, but should get the massive job done for you. Opt for one that comes with the slicer and shredding blades otherwise you won’t be reaping the full benefits of owning a food processor. If you have a big family, larger 10-cup Hamilton beach is a great choice for you since it gets the job done under $40. Cuisinart is smaller and primary suits best for small families.
A few things can only happen in an expensive $500 blender no doubt, but if you are a mama I strongly doubt you can squeeze time to make homemade peanut butter or grind flour. Get it? So opt for a basic one here too because every penny is worth saving when it comes to large families. Blendtec and Vitmax are high end brands on my list, while Ninja is my favorite so far as they offer shredding and slicing included for a price that falls between $100-$200, even some $500 brands did not include them. All three names are available on Amazon.
High end branded stones endorsed by popular chefs practically deliver what they claim, I have personally tried. Look up on Amazon there are some worth going after names and a wide range to choose from.
Cast iron skillet:
Best for the stovetop cooking. I own MightyNest that get my tortillas, eggs, pancakes grilled meat just nicely done.
Glass Baking and Storage Dishes:
I prefer the ones with lids. Pyrex has proved a much better quality as compared to Anchor but Anchor has improved their lid quality undoubtedly that was actually my issue. That being fixed I recommend Anchor too now, both can be found on MightyNest.
Hand blender/ Immersion Blender:
For well below $50 range you can get a modest non-hefty gadget that improves your convenience. Blend puree and whip right into your dish/pot no mess no fuss and so quick.
Wooden cutting board and a chef’s knife:
Knife is used probably more than any other item in your kitchen. I use a Wusthof Classic 6-inch Cook’s Knife and a BoosBrand wooden cutting board that goes with it. Both are quite expensive (slightly cheaper on Amazon).
Large stockpot. Mine is from Meijer for $30. Bone broth and soup made easy to handle.
Garlic Press price can range from $1-30. You will realize how frequently you use it once you see them every time among dirty dishes.
Grater: Very easy to clean usually, this item keeps the grated cheese handy all the time, plus citrus zest is a great ingredient to add to your recipes which can be obtained conveniently using this small gadget.Read more
Crispy Fruit Review
A perfect snack for the complete family? Sounds like Crispy Green Brand Crispy Fruit! Grab a bag full of healthy all- natural Crispy fruits any time of the day and make untimely hunger go away. Crispy Green’s uses freeze drying technology to preserve all the natural goodness of the fruit and make a crunchy crispy snack out of them. Whether these are bananas, mangoes or tangerines or cantaloupe or Asian pear, no washing, cutting or peeling needed to be done. Have regular fruit or try a new flavor, all with the twist of crunchiness. Attend the food festival at Bryant Park, NYC this weekend and get free samples of our products.
What do kids have to say?
Fruit that is crispy and sweet? Can’t get any cooler than that!
What do parents have to say?
They are great in so many ways! While fresh fruits can get a bit messy with little kids around Crispy fruit is a quick and healthy solution! Fresh fruits are required to be consumed right away otherwise they get molded, no such hassle with crispy fruit. Not only Crispy Fruit satisfy USDA daily recommendation of fruit and vegetables but also candy cravings.
- Crunchy crispy apples
- Crunchy crispy mangoes
- Crunchy crispy Asian Pears
- Crunchy crispy bananas
- Crunchy crispy cantaloupes
- Crunchy crispy pineapples
- Crunchy crispy tangerines
Cherry on the top:
We offer snacks that are low in calories (55 or less calories per serving), Gluten and Cholesterol Free, no allergies reported, verified non-GMO plus Kosher certified.
Any time provide fun and satisfaction whether its lunch or you need something to munch on, or even sweet dessert substitute!
On the go:
Packaged for convenience they are available in single serving bags.
Stir in creativity:
Shake the flavors up and bring on yoghurt, trail mix or your morning cereal and add a crunch punch!
Visit www.thecreativekitchen.com where kids are taught cooking and food facts in fun safe and educational ways. The website content is designed in a manner that attracts toddlers to preteens. It revolves around fun filled food activities. The creator of the website, Cricket Azima, is both; a children and cooking expert. She has her way to interest kids into different activities that helps them express themselves. She does it not only with cooking but can well incorporate fun factor in conventional study areas like mathematics, science and social studies etc.Read more